At Tullulah’s in Bay Shore, lunch and dinner become an experience under the careful watch of chef and co-owner Steven Scalesse. He was one of Long Island’s first advocates for creating dinner from a selection of small plates versus large quantities of one item. Scalesse is also a proponent of using vegetables in-season and changing the menu to suit the products available around the year. By the way, Tullulah’s is named for the family’s miniature dachshund.
Scalesse feels that the influence of Asia and Spain is growing in the American palate, and people are moving away from the Italian influence of his original training. Consider his current happy hour menu:
- Pork belly steamed bun with orange-chili marmalade glaze, scallions, pickled vegetables, and crushed peanuts
- Shrimp steamed bun with Old Bay spice and lemon aioli
- Fried chicken steamed bun with a crispy chicken thigh, house-made pickles, and sriracha aioli
- Duck confit steamed bun mango and red pepper relish, and frisee
- Vegetable pakora bun with baby broccoli curry tempura and apple cider gastrique
- Hand-cut truffle fries with white truffle oil and manchego
If you are ready to dine, we have an extensive menu at Tullulah’s. Our summer menu includes:
- Truffle arancini
- Duck confit salad
- Crispy burrata
- Shrimp ceviche
- Meat and cheese board
- Many more…
We have a summer lunch menu, and we also have an extensive brunch menu. Our menus can be reviewed on our page at http://www.tullulahs.com/menus/.
Happy hour at Tullulah’s is Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Along with our happy hour menu, you can enjoy 1/2 price selected draughts and discounted drinks. We have white sangria with fresh local stone fruit and berries, tap red and white wines, or daiquiris with white rum, lime, and simple syrup. Sip on a bourbon smash with mint and lemon, or our sans gria with vodka, lemon, simple syrup, and red wine.
Tullulah’s is located at 12 4th Avenue in Bay Shore. Call us at (631) 969-9800 if you have any questions about our facility, specials, or to arrange catering services. Come to Tullulah’s for a relaxing drink or meal, and leave your cares at the door.